Welcome to the forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for forums

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suggestions for forums Empty Suggestions for forums

Post  h0ly_danc3r Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:30 am

I would like Very Happy Forge for the next giveaway Very Happy as i stated on your main page, and now for the suggestions.

First would be nice that every member here has to put his/her link to steam account so that we know he is legit, also that would gave us ability to know each other better
2nd it would be good if there where more Post like Off topic/ introduction ect. on this forum.

Last edited by h0ly_danc3r on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for forums Empty Re: Suggestions for forums

Post  Charles Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 am

a) I am not very wealthy so I cannot afford to run my own full forums, so I am using a website that does it for free. Sadly that limits me in what I can "ask" for. But if you want to put it on your profile, go ahead.
b) I am planning on adding the intro soon, but I haven't had time to write it and I am not sure what to say in it either... And the offtopic stuff will come soon. I just want to get at least one moderator for it, because even though we are currently very small I want to ensure nothing goes out of control.
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

http://charlesgiveaways.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 am

Sure sure Smile im just saying... and i fully understand and i didn't mean its a must... just that it would be great to make a community out of this in which people regularly play and talk.

Also did you think about making a steam group?..for example to make a schedule to play something or whatnot...
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm

There actually already is a Steam group Smile
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/charlesgiveaway

I just forgot to post the link Razz
Anyways, I greatly appreciate the feedback. And I have added the off topic forum and a forum to apply as moderator if you wish.
Let me know what else I should add/change Smile
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah i would love to apply as moderator Smile.. count me in... Ok I will tell you if anything else come up to my mind. Smile keep up the good work.

Also put the link to the steam group on your main page of your site Smile

And also a question do you put any giveaways on steamgifts? or will that be only for members?... i have spare key of Titan Quest which i taught to put it on a giveaway if that's ok?
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:06 pm

PM me about the key. I'll see what I can do and nope, I do not use SteamGifts, I am completely independent.
And post your application in the forum for applications
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:47 pm

it seems i cant make an application since only administrators can read/post topics in that forum. Sad
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 pm

I think I fixed it, I had checked the wrong box Razz oups.... I only started using this "forum" thingy last Friday.. I'm still getting used to it!
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzv4 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Oh, I see you're quite active, h0ly. :p That's a good thing. Now we just need to wait for the steam forums to finish their maintenance so we can finally promote this site/forum and then people will start to register as crazy. :p

Another thing. Maybe we should organize this a little bit better. For example there could be a sticky thread with current giveaways, so people could navigate easier. Something like this:

Spoiler:

Also, I think it would be good to put all the suggestions in only one thread, because it's more clear that way imo. Maybe even renaming the "Next Giveaway" thread to "Giveaway suggestions" or something like that. I hope I'm not too annoying with all this. xD

On topic: Yeah, Forge looks nice, would like to try to play that pyromancer and warden Very Happy

Last edited by Guzv4 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guzv4
Guzv4
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:37 pm

And also charles make one more for Suggestion (like you did for offtopic)... for the site and your main page.
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzv4 Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:23 pm

h0ly_danc3r wrote:And also charles make one more for Suggestion (like you did for offtopic)... for the site and your main page.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but got the picture that this "Next Giveaway" forum section/thread basically is for for suggestions. That's why I said that maybe it would be a good thing to rename it.
Guzv4
Guzv4
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Ok I think that we can make this great. I love the fact that I have at least some active members Razz
So I'll rename this thread.. And I don't really understand what you mean by the sticky thread. I already have a forum with the different ones. I have it that way so that VIP (such as you Guzv4) and up (moderators and admins pretty much) can post. It gives something for VIP members Razz
Haven't really figured out what I'm going to do with those.. Might have giveaways only for VIP members, but that goes against what I'm trying to do, which is give everybody an equal chance. So I'm not really sure yet... Time will tell...
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzv4 Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Charles wrote:Ok I think that we can make this great. I love the fact that I have at least some active members Razz
So I'll rename this thread.. And I don't really understand what you mean by the sticky thread. I already have a forum with the different ones. I have it that way so that VIP (such as you Guzv4) and up (moderators and admins pretty much) can post. It gives something for VIP members Razz
Haven't really figured out what I'm going to do with those.. Might have giveaways only for VIP members, but that goes against what I'm trying to do, which is give everybody an equal chance. So I'm not really sure yet... Time will tell...

Oh crap! Very Happy I totally forgot about that forum with the current giveaways. My bad, ignore what I said about that. xD

Anyway, if not merging all the suggestions in 1 thread, then we(you :p) could atleast make some rules for users before posting. Like, when opening a new topic about a game suggestion, the topic title must allways be the name of the game a person is suggesting, and the topic message should have the info why it should be a good giveaway.
Guzv4
Guzv4
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm currently packing to go home and stuff, but I'll have to look into doing that later... Hopefully I don't forget Razz
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:18 pm

What i meant was Site Suggestion among other things.. Put that in other tab (so to speak... here on forum)... under Giveaways tab there would be Closed/Opened/Suggested Giveaways (to keep in track that)...
and under Other .. there would be Off Topic / Site Suggestions / Applications (that is what i can think of right now). If you understand what i mean Very Happy..
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 pm

That makes a lot of sense. I think it would allow the forums to seem a lot more organized. I'm currently in the plane waiting to fly back to school (I go to a boarding school). But I'll get on that as soon as I get back. Also I am entering exam period at school, so my activity might decrease for a week or two. I'll try to stay up to date with what is going on and I'll try to respond to stuff, but I most likely won't have time to do major updating to the forums or the website.

I am starting to really enjoy building this comunity with you guys, I see a lot of potential. Hopefully things don't get out of hand...
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Np dude... Well then when you return Very Happy you will fix that... but for now have a nice trip Very Happy and safe xD... cya when you get back
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks Smile
Also, I've heard a lot of stuff about maintenance or something like that on the Steam Forums.. What's that all about? Any idea when it'll be done? (I don't use the Steam Forums much..)
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 pm

maintenance? dunno... haven't done much research about that Very Happy... as i don't use them to much... only when i go search for "is it worth it thread" or need to find about something from the game in general Very Happy
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Alright, that's fine. I just landed, gonna need to get off the plane, then get to school, take care of a few things, then I'm going to try to reorganize the forums in a way that makes sense Smile
Also, don't forget to tell your friends about my website. The more the merrier Very Happy
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I will Very Happy and also dont forget Very Happy to write Site Rules/Forum rules (rules in general) Very Happy.. There are always ppl who will not abide by them. So its better to make them from the start Very Happy
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 pm

h0ly_danc3r wrote:I will Very Happy and also dont forget Very Happy to write Site Rules/Forum rules (rules in general) Very Happy.. There are always ppl who will not abide by them. So its better to make them from the start Very Happy

As the first moderator, wanna write them together? Razz
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  h0ly_danc3r Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Sure Very Happy lets do them Very Happy... ok and add Not abiding by these rules will get you banned or muted (silenced.. unable to post Very Happy) whatever its called, and dont forget no flaming/spamming Very Happy... And Site rules they are yours to write Very Happy

Oh and make one Group for Admins/mods.... To write amongst ourselves Very Happy (not for common users) ... for rules.. or for general talk about bans
h0ly_danc3r
h0ly_danc3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Charles Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Alright, accept me on skype, so we can get working on them. Smile
Charles
Charles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzv4 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:24 pm

As for the steam forums, they are currently undergoing maintenance because they are migrating to a new hardware and they have no eta left.
Guzv4
Guzv4
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum